· The total community schools projects cost including the cost of bond issuance is $22,722,838.00. The bond call is for $13,500,000.00. There will be a requested amount from the SBA of $9,222,838.00.
· The SBA grant and the bond call will be contingent upon one another.
· Combining the cost of the bond and the existing levy, the average cost to the taxpayer for a $100,000.00 home and $50,000.00 personal property is $367.60/year which is $1.00/day, $7.00/week or $30.00/month.
· The key components in the schools are: HVAC and electrical upgrades, safety and disability access improvements, a new gym at Tygarts Valley High School and renovation to the Middle School area, a new cafeteria and music room at Harman School, a new cafeteria at Beverly Elementary, and installation of air conditioning in Elkins High School’s gym.
· The improvements put in place by the bond call will return all of these sites and all of the areas included within the schools to full community use and access.
· The tax increase that was attributed to the excess levy only was coupled with an increase done by the Assessor that will be reflected in your tax bill.
Upcoming School-based Bond Meetings
All meetings begin at 6:30 pm
September 18 2012—Homestead Elementary
September 20, 2012—Tygarts Valley
September 25, 2012—Coalton Elementary
September 26, 2012—Harman School
September 27, 2012—Beverly Elementary
October 10, 2012—Elkins High School